Menu

Quick Search

Enter locomotive number in the box below and press 'Go'!

Content is coming here as you probably can see. Content is coming here as you probably can see.


?

In Touch

Bookmark and Share

Follow BRDatabase on Twitter

Advertising



Counter

Ad Visitor Statistics
» 6 Online
» 140 Today
» 1139 Yesterday
» 2413 Week
» 22146 Month
» 319160 Year
» 395747 Total
Record: 1668 (12/02/2017)
(Free MySQL Counter)

Depot: Abergavenny


Depot Details
Depot Name Abergavenny
Depot Codes
CodeFromTo
3101/01/187531/12/1922
W3101/01/192331/01/1935
4D01/02/193531/12/1948
86K01/02/195022/11/1954
Date Opened 1867
Date Closed 04/01/1958
Pre Grouping Company LNWR
Big 4 Company LMS
British Railways Region WR
1947 Directions The shed is on the West side of the line south of Abergavenny Brecon Road Station. The yard is visible from the line.

From Abergavenny Brecon Road Station.
Turn left outside the station into Brecon Road, and right into St. Helens Road. Turn right again at the end into Union Road, and the shed entrance is on the left hand side just past the railway under-bridge. Walking time 10 minutes.
From Abergavenny G.W.R. Station.
Go straight ahead outside the station into Station-Road, and turn right at the end into Monmouth Road. Bear left over the river bridge into Cross Street, and continue into High Street. Turn left into Nevill Street, right at the end into Tudor Road, and continue into Union Road. The shed entrance is on the left hand side just past the railway underbridge. Walking time 20 minutes.
From Abergavenny Junction Station.
Turn left outside the station into Ross Road, and right into Grosvenor Road just before the railway over-bridge. Turn left at the end into Hereford Road, and continue into Monk Street. Turn right into Cross Street, and follow the directions as given above. Walking time 25 minutes.
Popup Maps (New Window) Street Map (1:25,000)
Town Map (1:50,000)
Road Map (1:100,000)
Road Map (1:200,000)
County Map (1:500,000)
Regional Map (1:1,000,000)
Chronology
DateEvent
1867Depot opened
01/01/1935Change of code to 4D
01/02/1950Change of code to 86K
22/11/1954Closed to steam locomotives
04/01/1958Depot closed